četrtek, 28. april 2016

BILLY - I'm not ok EP

Here it is, take it all! Bill Kaulitz's aka Billy's first EP! Release date: 20 May, 2016

Buy I'm not ok EP on:

Listen on:


About the EP (from breatheavy.com): Heartbreak has a funny way of killing your former self and forcing you to come alive as someone else entirely.

“All my songs on my solo EP are pretty much autobiographic,” Bill said. “When I wrote the songs I was at a pretty dark place mentally. Someone really fucked up my heart and I didn’t feel like myself for a long time. I guess I needed to get it out of my system and turn it into something good so I went in the studio and wrote and sang about it.” His favorite lyric off the record is the opening line: “I’m tired of fighting. It really messed me up this time.”

On going solo, Billy says “it just felt like it was long overdue.” “I had these songs that I could only sing on my own because it’s about something that happened to me. It would have been selfish to put that on a Tokyo Hotel record and music wise it wouldn’t fit. The songs are way more pop and danceable than what I do with the band. It’s a whole different side of me. Also I think that the timing was right and the energy. I felt like I’m ready to do it.” Along with the EP, Billy shared a multi-media hybrid art project which includes a fine art photo book. “I wanted the freedom to explore the other areas in my life that I am passionate about like Art and Fashion and felt that a pure music project wouldn’t fulfill my vision as a solo artist,” he said. “I felt like it needed more than just the music.” Billy says the EP “shows all the different phases and moods of a heartbreak,” adding “I really just hope it gets to the people. That it touches them and makes them cry, laugh and dance.” One of the more emotional songs fans can cry, laugh and dance to is “Not Over You.” “I feel like it takes guts to admit that you are not over someone and to be that honest,” he said of the song, “and at the same time dance to the beat while you admit that you are still not ok.” Article source

EP review (from musicjunkiepress.com):
Bill Kaulitz, frontman for highly successful Tokio Hotel has released his new solo EP I’m Not OK under the name, BILLY. It is a great work of art that displays the growth and musicianship of Bill. It takes you on a passionate musical journey with emotionally driven lyrics and compelling tracks.
The five song EP kicks off with Love Don’t Break Me which we featured along with his cinematic video. The song truly brings out a depth of raw honest emotion and his voice is even more captivating. You can’t help but find yourself remembering that one love that you thought took your whole world away when it ended. It brings you back to that moment when you pick yourself back up and learn to move forward. It is a stellar track
Next up is Not Over You and it perfectly balances the vulnerability of a broken heart and an infectious dance melody. Bill’s vocals are sweet caresses that you draw you in closer.
Odds Are Against Us is a great track that highlights a sultry mood and indie dance vibe. California High is a stand-out track with an alternative edge  and sizzling vocals that bleed raw emotion. It is catchy and infectious and with a beat that will pulse through your veins as your heart races with sultry temptation.
The EP finishes up with Forbidden Love and once again you are greeted with soul bearing emotion and a song that will remind you of those forbidden loves of your past and the broken rules as it captures blissful passion. Article source



Welcome to official Tokio Hotel fanclub Slovenia!

Welcome to official Tokio Hotel fanclub Slovenia!

Upcoming events

3/11/17 - 16/11/17
Dream Machine tour - Encore Europe


2/2/18 - 3/3/18
Dream Machine tour - North America



By Tokio Hotel Slovenia. Zagotavlja Blogger.